Monday, March 22, 2010

Bi-Polar Weather Behavior

We had a doozy of a first day of spring--it came in mildish, overcast, some drizzle and light rain, temperatures dropped a bit,  rain became sleet, then transitioned into snow.  HUGE WET FLUFFY SNOW FLAKES!  Then some cycling back and forth between sleet and snow, ending finally with rain.  Gee it was incredibly beautiful, again.  Between 6 and 13.5 inches of snow in northwest Arkansas.  I have actually forgotten how many snows we've had during the winter seasons this time.  Heh heh.

At any rate, day before snow it was in 60s and warm and lovely.  Kids at work played outside and folks wore tee shirts, and flip flops.  Then the cold and fluffy.  Today, nice and warm again, close to upper 50s, most of snow on sunny side of buildings gone, still hanging around in northern sides and under trees.  Tomorrow in 70s and all will be gone for winter 09-10.

These frequent weather flip flopping (not related to shower shoes) events got me wondering to my hubby tonight over salad supper at McAllister's Restaurant --not such a good meal this time-- that similar to people experiencing bi-polar problems, the weather has certainly  been experiencing some ups and downs.  I wonder if we can give it a pill?  All kidding aside, have you been thinking along the same lines as I have?  That the weather is acting weird these days?

I have purchased "Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution," (Steven R. Gundry, MD, FACS, FACC.  He is a somewhat controversial fellow who suggested that rather than tax sodas, the government tax fat people.  BUT he is an incredibly brilliant cardiac surgeon without whom many people would have died.  So I decided to read his book which I purchased from Amazon and really, it is worthwhile reading if you are curious about why things happen health-wise to you.

I have always liked to research whatever my physician told me just so I WOULD KNOW what he was talking about and could   help watch my health myself.  Hence the heal yourself thing I am attempting now.  As a matter of fact, I am planning on becom9ing a guinea pig and begin his diet soon.  First however, I am going to use up the foods in my pantry, refrigerator and freezer.  I just cannot see wasting money that we have to work hard for and not use up the foods.  I am also going to meet with my physician and have the recommended lab tests performed in order to determine if indeed, this diet is successful for my health.  And then, begin I will.  My anticipated date will be mid to late April to begin.  I will keep you, health nut readers fully informed.

Please, as always, share your comments so that we all will learn about our health and wellness by benefiting from the experiences of others.

My Gut Reaction?  We will see.  As my parents generation always said, "the proof is in the pudding."

No comments:

Post a Comment