Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ear Aches at MY AGE!

I have an earache.  Weird, I know.  When I was a child, I had a sibling who had frequent nasty earaches.  I did not.  Today, my sympathy for my sib's experiences just increased.  Wish I was still in ingnorance of what ear aches were like.  I tried warm oil, short term minor relief.  I purchased ear drops but they made my ear itch inside the canal so that was not a success.  Today, I guess I will be foreced to call the doctor.  It is actually somewhat embarassing to have to call the doctor for an earache.
My Gut Reaction?  I do NOT like earaches at any age!


Our family has had a difficult year.  I guess your families may have had also.  The hard knocks just keep coming for many of us.  I wonder how you all are weathering this difficult time.  Please let me know what you and  yours are doing to get through this and maybe your experiences will help other people find an easier path through this age of job loss, higher and higher costs, and worry.
My Gut Reaction?  I am afraid this hard time is not going to go away soon enough to help many of us recover financially before we fall into retirement and medicare years.




Today is another doctor appointment day for my mother.  At 79.5, she amazes me with her determination to continue to live independently (with our frequent support).  I wonder what I will be like when I am her age.  I was impressed when she decided to quit driving several years ago before she began to decline in health.  I guess she knew that her driving reactions were declining and had the wisdom to quit while she was ahead.  I am borrowing a car today to take mother to her appointment as my car has a funny light blinking in the dash and I really do not like the idea of driving if there might be a car breakdown--having experienced one in the past, I know I would not like that to  happen when I  have  her in the car with me. 

My Gut Reaction?  I know it is better to be careful than sorry, especially with my aged fragile mom aboard. 

I found a Gluten Free Fruitcake recipe while surfing the net the other day.  My mother always made me a fruitcake for my birthday (recipe had been in her family for generations).  Now that my wheat allergy makes me strive to remain wheat (gluten) free, she did not make me a cake this year which makes me sad and nostalgic for years past.  I shared the printouts of the top  four recipes I found with her and we picked one to try first.  Today is that day!  After her doctor's appointment, we get to taste test.  
My Gut Reaction?  I hope it is good and wonder how soon we can adapt the family recipe by this new method.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment