Thursday, December 17, 2009

GALLILVANTING AGAIN--ANOTHER BUSY DAY

Yesterday ended rather nicely.  We picked up my car, and the Midas man said, we could not find anything wrong, we do not know why you had a mysterious blinking light, bring it back if it does it again.  That is frustrating.  I know it will do it again--at night when garage is closed--and probably strand me in the process on a dark and empty road.

Mother had another doctor's appointment today--different doctor--but canceled it as she is "too" busy doing Santa's Elf stuff.  Nice that she stays busy, just wish she would not cancel the doctor.

Baked my white and Hershey's cocoa marbled rice flour birthday cake last night, tasty!  I ground the brown and sweet rices in my Vita-Mix, then mixed the dough in my Kitchen-Aid stand mixer.  Cooked it in a Pyrex sheet cake pan for 40 minutes. Here is the link to the lady who told me about her technique so that you may try it for yourself.
Source: www.gluten-free-chocolate.com
MY GUT REACTION?  Everyone loves the rice flour cake!

Another busy day of errands, taking mother to visit grandson at college, doing some once a month cooking, and squeeze in some study time before heading out to a Boy Scout monthly meeting.
MY GUT REACTION--today is looking as busy as yesterday was.  At least we will eat well.
For those of you who are interested in your pet's health, have you done any reading on pet nutrition?   If you are interested, here is an interesting web site:
http://www.catinfo.org/index.htm
I have not yet fed my two cats much in the way of raw foods, however, at Thanksgiving, they were given some portion of the liver and gizzards, raw.  But, I have been swapping them over to canned meat I buy at the local warehouse club by the case now.  The are absolutely loving the meat!  Additionally, their fur is much more lustrous now, and they are not shedding nearly as much nor hacking up as many nasty hair balls.  Once I've found an affordable source of organic meats for them, I do think I will begin switching them over to raw. I have not noticed fewer things in the cat boxes yet, but that is not my job in the house, I need to ask other people if that has changed any.  MY GUT REACTION?  I am glad the litter is spouse's job!

No comments:

Post a Comment