Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WAITING AND WAITING

I got Mother to her doctor's appointment, and we had to wait an hour.  After, we had lunch and I took her home, stopping to gas up the borrowed car on the way.   At least during the wait and lunch, we had nice conversation and began plans for an 80th birthday party reunion for her next year.  After I took her home, then I rushed the car back to it's owner and he followed me and my car to Midas to check out the mysterious light (no longer blinking) on my dash and get an oil change--and now I wait to hear from Midas.

I have managed to make a pan of gluten free peanut butter fudge for Christmas giving-and eating, to join the black cherry fudge and the butter pecan fudge.  Slowly, on the rare low humidity clear day, I am getting the candies made.  Still need to make divinity, chocolate covered cherries and fudge.  On the other hand, I am making a batch of cookies on the days when I cannot make candy.  The freezer has bags of frozen cookies ready to gift wrap and give.

On a good note, my ear is not hurting for some reason.  I have no idea why, though my sinuses are bothering me.  I wonder how many people in this region have sinus troubles.

Still have not made the fruit cake but the batter is in process.  I just have to be sure that I do not have to run to Midas while it is in the oven, so it will be baked after that errand.

I have not yet squeezed in time to study for a professional licensure test I am scheduled to take in January.  Time is more fleeting every day.  How many of you are in permanent time crunches?  Does anyone have any ideas on better time management?  Please share them.

Midas just phoned.  Now to coordinate getting me to the shop and pickig up the car.  I wonder what the damages are going to be.
MY GUT REACTION I could use a split personality very well indeed one of me to do this, the other to do that.  It would be nice to enjoy a slower pace sometimes.  How about you all?

1 comment:

  1. Finally, on the Friday, the 18th, on the way to work, I was able to be seen at the Healh Care Clinic--my personal doctor was fully booked, :(.
    I have an ear problem, imagine that. Now it is antibiotics and sprays and of course yogurt to counteract the antibiotics. I get concerned at the number of antibiotics I am prescribed. If you will read Doug Kaufman's information at Kow the Cause, you will learn why--some scary stuff happening.

    ReplyDelete