Thursday, January 14, 2010

Doldrums

This is one of those days where I have no idea what direction I will be going.  I have household  work to do, projects in various stages of completion to continue working on, some Boy Scout administrative work which I need to do, I need to exercise, decide what to prepare for supper, pick up my Mother and take her on her errands including visiting her grandson at college. . .and I am having difficulties beginning.  I hate days like this where I just do not seem to have enough energy or interest to begin.

One of our errands will be to the Ozark Natural Foods co-operative store in Fayetteville where I  hope that I will see some nice fresh vegetables to build a meal around tonight.  Last night was a nice very fast stir fry based on fresh spinach, some onion, red bell peppers, and Polish sausage.  Dessert later last night was fruit smoothies.  Pretty nice.  I have been looking for fresh kale the last few days since reading in some of the blogs I follow that they are really great roasted into fresh chips.  Maybe I'll be able to purchase some and discover for myself the truth of it.

I think I will pull a pork loin out of the freezer and begin thawing it to grill tonite out on the deck.  Perhaps some nice roasted vegetables to go with it.  Could be a nice if we do not get heavy downpours of rain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment