Sunday, January 24, 2010

Well, I'm still not feeling my best, in fact, other people think I sound pretty lousy, however, I must look and sound worse than I feel, cause I'm up, reading, writing, and sipping a grapefruit slush (Take 1 Vita-Mix machine, add 1 ruby grapefruit - my last one, sigh--add about a cup of ice cubes, and about 3/4 a cup of soy milk, give it a whirl, and there you go, wonderful!) which makes the throat feel much better and eating toasted (dry) bread.

The quick bread I made yesterday was sursprisingly soft and squeesable, sorta makes me think of the Charmin toilet paper commercials, heh.  But really, it is soft.  Lots of GF breads are dry or crumbly.  They have not got the arieness that we are accustomed to with wheat breads (from the gluten's elasticity).  The are aften dense heavy loaves.  Additionally, they go stale rapidly.

Yesterday's loaf  was light, fluffy.  It packed and went to work, was still good many hours later.  This morning same and it toasted and tasted nicely.  Do you know how gluten free breads sometimes have a funny feel or taste on the tongue, not slimy but my tongue reactes to them the same way.  Well, this loaf did not have that feel.  It felt, well, normal.  I am definitely going to replicate it this afternoon--before the ball game--and report back tonight to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment